Welcome, this RP is based off a setting idea I came up with some years ago. Somewhat inspired by Ghostbusters, in the "team of regular people up against supernatural entities as a day-job" feel. (I say 'somewhat' as I know the plot of Ghostbusters, but have not seen it.) As you can probably tell from the intro, the party of PCs will be bounty hunters, having just joined a newly formed group of them. For those who are interested, I suppose it's time for some rules.
- Basic etiquette; no auto hitting other players' characters without their permission, no auto hitting enemies unless the GM says you can, try to keep the ghosting minimal, don't be a jerk OOC, etc.
- As GM I will retain the right to auto hit PCs. However, I won't usually do this. (I'm just mentioning this so you know it's a possibility; I'm not trying to be rude or nothing, honest.)
- Characters need to be relatively normal; powerful magic (You can still dabble in occult stuff, but most of it requires a lot of setup time and special supplies.) or outright impossibilities won't be allowed. Wanting to play one of the monster races as a good guy (Referred to as "Half human".*) will be handled on a case by case basis, but for the most part won't be allowed. (They're supposed to be extremely rare, after all. Plus this is just a bit of a preemptive rule against Mary Sues.) Other than that, go nuts.
Now the sheet.
- Name: Duh.
- Gender and age: Another obvious.
- Appearance: What do they look like? Do they have one particular outfit they wear most of the time?
- Personality: How do they behave?
- Backstory: We don't need a life story here, (Though I suppose you can if you want.) just a little excerpt as to why they've chosen to be a bounty hunter will do.
- Equipment: Bounty hunters in this world mostly use their own personal weapons, with a limited armory to share. So what does your person take with them? Include weapons, tools, and miscellaneous things that otherwise don't fit under appearance.
- Money: Kinda planning on keeping track of this in the RP. Anywhere between $0 to $50.00 starting cash would be reasonable. To clarify, this is meant to be the amount of money your character has on them when they join.
- Skills: Of course, most people going into the profession at least know how to shoot, (Before anyone asks, yes you can play someone who doesn't really know how to shoot, if you really want to.) but beyond that the job sometimes calls for more off the wall skills. So what can your character do? What are they particularly good at, or have a large knowledge of?
edited 17th Apr '12 3:13:39 PM by FirockFinion
- Name: Jadis
- Gender: Female
- Age: 24
- Appearance: She is a tall, slim woman, with black hair and brown eyes. Her features are thin, and vaguely asian, although there is also european ancestry there too. Jadis changes outfits depending on the job, although she primarily wears a biteproof kevlar bodysuit under a light combat vest and cargo pants.
- Personality: Jadis is a professional, thank you very much. She always does the job to the best of her ability, and never allows it to get personal until demons get involved. She doesn't play with others, but she would never sabotage a competitor either.
- Backstory: Not much is known about Jadis before the world ended. She simply showed up on the frontier, armed with an old bolt action rifle and a military surplus combat knife, and began taking contracts. Her family was killed by demons, and she only survived due to intervention by a member of the National Guard, who were evacuating the area at a time.
- Equipment: During her career, Jadis has appropriated various pieces of equipment from cults, the more humanoid monsters, and the military. As such, her armory is quite expansive (if limited). However, on a mission, she generally carries:
- Military spec assault rifle. This weapon is a heavily modified version of the new standard infantry weapon of the U.S. Military. Based on the M16 design, the weapon has been upscaled to shoot the 7.62mm round, a larger bullet for a new enemy. Aftermarket accessories include an integrated silencer, a fold up bipod, and 6x scope (both traditional and thermographic modes) with infrared range finder. Loaded with FMJ rounds traditionally, but Jadis possesses alternate loadouts: namely incendiary, blessed silver, and cold magnetic iron.
- M1911 pistol. For if things get too close. Loaded with .45 ACP rounds.
- Combat Knife.
- Thermal Blanket. A key piece of gear, this blanket partially masks heatsources, such as the human body. This makes it invaluable for hunting creatures of the night on their own ground.
- Skills: Jadis is an expert markswoman, able to hit moving targets at 1000 meters (an important skill against supernatural creatures). She is a capable tracker, and is equally at home in both cities and the woods. Jadis is merely proficient in close quarters combat, favoring a modified form of Judo, a reflection of her philosophy that any time a fight has gotten to close quarters, she has already lost.
edited 20th Feb '12 6:20:35 PM by MaskedAndDangerous
edited 20th Feb '12 5:45:54 PM by FirockFinion
edited 20th Feb '12 6:16:38 PM by FirockFinion
edited 20th Feb '12 6:25:27 PM by FirockFinion
edited 20th Feb '12 7:10:42 PM by FirockFinion
edited 21st Feb '12 4:24:05 AM by BattleBorn
edited 20th Feb '12 8:18:48 PM by FirockFinion
- Name: Henry Lewis (aka Hot Lead).
- Gender: Male.
- Age: 32.
- Appearance: A huge, black Jamaican, Henry stands 6'10'' tall and weighs around 280 pounds, most of which is muscle. His body is extensively scarred and tatooed. The tats follow both Obeah, gang and merc motifs. He sports a mohawk of dreadlocks, several silver piercings and earrings... and a thick moustache and goatee. He wears a black Kevlar motorcycle jacket, burgundy Doc Martens, a weathered grey shirt and urban camo pants. Henry needs glasses: He typically wears prescription sunglasses during the day and regular classes at night. When he doesn't wear a helmet, he normally dons a red beret.
- Personality: Henry is friendly and easy-going, but he's got a ruthless, vicious streak. He's a thrill seeker: The job's an exciting blood-sport for him. He adheres to basic fair play and sportmanship towards competitors, but he never forgets a slight and doesn't hesitate to take Cold Blooded Revenge when he can get away with it. He's got a wry, cynical, bleak sense of humor. He talks much... and fast, in a thick Jamaican accent. Even after going legit, he still sees ''Babylon'' with resentment and mistrust.
- An ancient (but well maintained) PK machinegun.
- A large, heavy machete.
- A late '80s Yugoslav Tokarev pistol.
- His jacket is reinforced and has ceramic armor plates.
- History: Originally a gang enforcer in Kingston, H.L. eventually became a mercenary, serving in a bunch of Third World bush wars. He became utterly desensitized towards violence during this period of his life. Still, he became sick of massacres and reprisals against civvies who can't fight back, and the Apocalypse gave him a chance to make a living exclusively killing things that do fight back quite viciously. He didn't hesitate to take that chance, and hasn't looked back since.
- He's large and strong enough to use a Squad Machinegun as a personal assault rifle (complete with bayonet).
- Skilled at getting up close'n'personal with the machete.
- He's a surprisingly good driver (days of trudging around in a technical through the butt of the world will do that to you.
edited 21st Feb '12 7:38:58 AM by SavageHeathen
edited 21st Feb '12 3:25:00 PM by FirockFinion
- Name: Alearth
- Gender: Female
- Age: 5
- Appearance: A rather lovely little girl with dark hair, braided in twin tails.Rosy cheeks, a cheerful smile... and red eyes, pointy canines, bat wings and a pointy tail. She wears a collar with an electronic tracking device.
- Personality: Alearth is rather energetic, usually rushing in without thinking. And she talks non stop. When forced to, she can be rather compliant and clever. She seems to have a strange taste, often finding abhorrent things cute and cool. She's easily bribed by sweets and toys.
- Backstory: Alearth was found in wraps after one of the first demon attacks, and adopted. Hovewer, soon it was patent her demonic inheritage, as during an attempted baptism, she sustained second grade wounds. They concluded it was the infantile form of a Succubus. Put under observation for a while, the scientist comittee was puzzled at how such a thing existed or the apparent lack of malice she had. In order to further the comprehension of said experiment, they sent her to the bounty hunters, in hopes she would become useful, dead, or turn into an evil adult demon (in which case she'd be executed on the spot).
- A backpack with food, blankets and a stuffed teddy bear.
- A whistle
- A small knife, just in case.
- Skills: Alearth is a baby demon, and thus doesn't show many powers yet, although her heritage is beginning to show. She can sense souls, actually, and can be used to scry living beings and monsters as some sort of radar. She can also make half decent illusions to mask her presence, as well as hide her demonic traits and alter her shape to look a teenager (with effort). She can also charm some of the weaker monsters, and flies. Well, flies like a drunken bat, but flies. She can also send telepathic messages, with difficulty.
edited 24th Feb '12 3:47:15 PM by AtomicNut
edited 24th Feb '12 4:01:52 AM by FirockFinion
edited 24th Feb '12 4:13:58 AM by AtomicNut
edited 24th Feb '12 4:22:33 AM by FirockFinion
- Her "soul radar" would have a range of about ten feet. When concentrating, she could probably extend it to about twenty or thirty. There's also a way for some monsters, especially demons, to hide from it. But she probably doesn't know this yet, or know how to do it herself.
- Her illusions/shape shifting should only work for herself, and not on others; and trying to turn invisible is nearly impossible. Camouflage however, is actually kind of easy so long as she's not also changing shape.
- Charming other monsters works on the non-intelligent ones,* and depends on the strength of said monster. It does not work at all on intelligent ones,* or on other demons, even the ones that display no intelligence. At her strength, she can affect one or two monsters at a time if she concentrates. From there, she can give them simple orders,* and they will carry them out unless a more powerful charm tells them to do something else.
- On the note of other monsters, most of the non-intelligent ones will just ignore her unless she charms or attacks them. The intelligent ones, and other demons however...
- She can probably only concentrate on one thing at a time, at the expense of other powers. This would include flying. So while extending her soul detection, she probably can't use an illusion; or while flying, she can't pay as much attention to her soul detection, ect..
edited 24th Feb '12 3:12:16 PM by FirockFinion
edited 24th Feb '12 3:29:00 PM by AtomicNut