- Just because a category is empty does not mean that a guess must be formulated to fill it. This project is aimed at sorting the existing guesses, not generating new ones to fit into categories.
- If a single aspect generates a disproportionate, or just very large, amount of guessing, it can be given its own section, such as shikai in Bleach and Pinkie Pie in My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.
- The nature of some pages will obviate certain sections. For example, a fanfic page by its very nature will not have an Impossible Crossover section.
- Real-world info can be cited in support of any guess, not just those in the Meta section. The Meta section is for when the guess itself pertains to the real world.
MetaThis is for specualation about real-world events and behind the scenes info.
FutureIdeas about future events in the story, how the plot will progress, and what revelations will appear in future episodes. Note that this includes speculation about what will be shown in a promised flashback; even though the events of the flashback occur in the series' past, the episode in which it appears is in the real world's future.
PlotIdeas about the true nature of various events that have already happened (eg Alice was behind the attack on Bob's house)
CharactersAlternate Character Interpretations, speculation as to characers' true natures and motives.
SettingSpeculation as to the nature and history of the setting.
Plausible crossoversCrossovers which are not canon, but could possibly be due to the works sharing a creator and/or copyright holder. For example, Indiana Jones taking place in the same universe as Star Wars (both created by George Lucas and owned by Lucasfilm)
Impossible crossoversCrossovers which cannot legally happen. For example, Indiana Jones taking place in the same universe as Buffy the Vampire Slayer (George Lucas and Lucasfilm vs Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy) Right, I'm off to start sorting the animes out.
edited 24th Sep '11 9:36:45 AM by VampireBuddha
edited 25th Sep '11 5:03:12 AM by VampireBuddha
edited 25th Sep '11 11:52:09 AM by MangaManiac
-Philip K. Dick
- When, for some reason, a page doesn't have guesses to fit all categories (but such guesses could be added, unlike the Fanfic example in the opening post), should all the category headers still be added or should the guesses just be sorted into those categories that apply and no other headers be added?
- When a page has few enough guesses (three, say) to make sorting seem pointless, should it still be sorted?
- Some pages (e.g. Death Note) have already been sorted, but according to another system (usually one that makes a lot of sense for the page in question). Should these be moved to Sorted without further sorting, or should the inevitable "other" sections be sorted into the categories of this thread first?
edited 7th Oct '11 12:27:06 PM by bwburke94
edited 8th Oct '11 9:27:28 AM by DonaldthePotholer
edited 13th Oct '11 4:32:24 AM by Antheia
- Corollary proposing a similar theory.
edited 14th Oct '11 4:56:01 PM by memememememe
edited 25th Oct '11 1:36:39 AM by nrjxll
edited 7th Nov '11 7:55:41 AM by Antheia