YMMV: Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: "Sacrilege". The gospel choir at the end clinches the "What just happened?" feeling some people can get listening to this song.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: "Maps", "Zero," "Gold Lion", "Heads Will Roll" and "Sacrilege".
- Ear Worm: A number of their songs are guilty of this, but especially:
'Was it the cure? Shellshock! Was it the cure? Hope not!'
- Epic Riff: A few can fit this, and the intro to "Gold Lion" is very similar to the Epic Riff from "We Will Rock You".
- It's Popular, Now It Sucks: Again, Rock Band didn't help this, but considering how "indie" the band started out, this likely happened well before that.
- Nightmare Fuel: "Y Control" and its video.
- Tear Jerker: "Maps"
- The video, too. Karen ends up crying while she sings—unsimulated, even. This happened because her (then-)boyfriend was supposed to come to the video shoot and wound up being 3 hours late while Karen was just about to leave for tour. Their relationship was already on a low point, so the fact he showed up very late just as she was about to leave and the song having that theme, well, wouldn't anyone cry?
- Let's not forget the underrated fan favorite "Turn Into".
- Theiss Titillation Theory: All over some of Karen O's outfits.