YMMV: Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: "Sacrilege". The gospel choir at the end clinches the "What just happened?" feeling some people can get listening to this song.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: "Maps", "Zero," "Gold Lion." Also, "Heads Will Roll."
- Ear Worm: A number of their songs are guilty of this, but especially:
'Was it the cure? Shellshock! Was it the cure? Hope not!'
- Epic Riff: A few can fit this, and the intro to "Gold Lion" is very similar to the Epic Riff from "We Will Rock You".
- It's Popular, Now It Sucks: Again, Rock Band didn't help this, but considering how "indie" the band started out, this likely happened well before that.
- Nightmare Fuel: "Y Control" and its video.
- Tear Jerker: "Maps"
- The video, too. Karen ends up crying while she sings. It's rumored that this happened because her (then) boyfriend promised to go see the recording, and failed to show. Their relationship was already on a low point, so the fact he didn't show and the song having that theme, well, wouldn't anyone cry?
- Let's not forget the underrated fan favorite "Turn Into".
- Theiss Titillation Theory: All over some of Karen O's outfits.