- Awesome Music: The main theme.
- Come for the X, Stay for the Y: Come For The ICBM Catch, Stay For Everything Else
- Ensemble Darkhorse: In the show, Tron Miran. Despite only appearing in one episode, she got an unusual amount of fan love, enough that she's a optionally recruitable character in SRW Alpha Gaiden.
- Fridge Horror: A probably intentional example: in the earlier parts of the series Fatman is a source of humor, with his grunting way of speech and his singlemindedness. Then we find out that he used to be a slave, and those two traits are undoubtedly because of his horrible upbringing.
- Moral Event Horizon: Kashim King's is either brainwashing Elchi, complete with Brain Uploading a copy of himself or firing on the noncombatant Innocent Jiron let escape in the final episode.
- Ugly Cute: Jiron is famously not a typical Real Robot lead - specifically, he's not terribly attractive, frequently getting called Do-Manju ("uber-beancake") or, in one well-known case, Melon Amos. And yet he doesn't have too much trouble attracting the ladies, more through his personality and actions than anything.
- Woolseyism: In the fansubs and translation of Alpha Gaiden, Timp's overly personal and casual speech is changed to make him sound like a Cowboy. Specifically his frequent use of refering to people with sarcastic Japanese sibling terminology is changed to "Pardner" and "Missy".