YMMVs for the comic book character
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Rhodey's dad in the recent Iron Patriot miniseries. Best. Dad. Ever.
- His mom in the previous War Machine volume by Greg Pak is also pretty awesome in her appearances.
- Ho Yay: Piles, both with Iron Man in the Iron Man books.
- Iron Woobie: Was literally this when he was a cyborg, but even without the enhancements he counts as a straight example. As Tony's best friend, he's had to put up with a lot of Tony's more questionable decisions, all the while trying to live up to Tony's general reputation as Iron Man, constantly feeling like he didn't really deserve the power and trust he was given, made worse by the improperly calibrated brainwave controls causing him mental issues. At one point his sister was killed, a war buddy (who was also the husband of his childhood best friend) betrayed him and used his armour for villainy, then later he was caught in a terrorist attack that blew off his arms, legs, and half his face, and was Forced to Watch as a friend of his was executed by one of the terrorists who taunted him all the while. When rebuilt as a cyborg, his upgrades came with the downside of connecting him to a database that made him see every horrific war crime recorded in recent years (including the torture, beating, rape, and experimentation performed on the above mentioned childhood best friend), with a photographic memory causing him to be unable to stop seeing these images, turning him homicidal from the trauma. And then, there's his family being targeted by a Domestic Terrorist group who try to force him to kill the former president, resulting in his dad's death.
- Magnificent Bastard: In Greg Pak's run, when Rhodey was a cyborg hunting down war criminals and punishing corrupt Private Military Contractors, his actions drew him unwanted attention from Norman Osborn. The two proceed to play Xanatos Speed Chess over the course of the series, with Rhodey eventually coming out on top by tricking Norman into both exonerating him of his actions against the US in order to kill his old, dying body for good, only for Rhodey to have already uploaded his mind into his cloned body, while also distracting him as his team both attack and extract Rhodey's new body from Osborn's clutches and track down the corrupt generals and senators responsible for the war crimes Rhodey's been chasing down and, using Ultimo, force them to witness every war crime recorded constantly just as Rhodey was forced to. As it turns out, Rhodey's not a bad strategist or team leader when he wants to be.
YMMVs for the Marvel vs. Capcom games:
- Memetic Mutation:
- HERE'S MY SUNDAY BEST, PROTON CANNON!