- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Dobbin finally loses his temper with Amelia:
"No, you are not worthy of the love which I have devoted to you. I knew all along that the prize I had set my life on was not worth the winning; that I was a fool, with fond fancies, too, bartering away my all of truth and ardour against your little feeble remnant of love."
- Fan-Preferred Couple: Joseph and Becky, at least in the film adaptations of 1935 and 2004.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: David Bradley plays Sir Pitt Crawley, an old, lecherous, money-grubbing nobleman who has put two wives in their graves, in the 1998 television mini series. In 2011 he was cast as Lord Walder Frey in Game of Thrones.
- Misaimed Fandom: Plucky and resourceful she may be, but Becky is also a scheming, two-faced sycophant who is indifferent to the point of sociopathy about whom she hurts in her social climbing.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Symbolic?: Amelia is terrified of the bed she has to share with her husband.