- Adaptation Displacement: Did you know? There are three books!
- Ear Worm: Yume de kiss kiss kiss! Kiss-kiss-kiss!
- Everyone Is Jesus in Purgatory: By one theory, the three Irabus represent Id, Ego, and Superego.
- Fridge Brilliance: The anime has Irabu treating eleven people concurrently the week leading up to Christmas 2009 (no feat for a real psychiatrist, but Irabu treats them 24/7). No wonder he needs to be a Spirit Advisor! (Well, that's probably as close as you're gonna get to an actual example of Fridge Brilliance in this anime...)
- Nightmare Fuel: In episode eleven: the depictions of Yuta's instense obsession with texting and Tsuda's increasing madness.
- Irabu's bear head can be pretty creepy sometimes. See picture at title.
- Sequel Displacement: Trapeze, the second book, is considered Okuda's masterpiece, and it's the short story "Trapeze" that has been getting the most attention in terms of adaptation.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?