- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: For the careers of just about everybody involved, it's impossible to find any interviews with the cast actually discussing the film.
- Narm Charm
- So Bad, It's Good
- Special Effects Failure: By and large any attempt to make Gary Oldman actually look like a dwarf is a total failure.
- Strangled by the Red String: Without much build up the film ends with Carol telling Rolfe "You can kiss me if you want". He does and the film fades to black.
- Took The Bad Film Seriously: All the actors seem to be trying really hard to sell the ridiculous premise, even McConaughey who's performances are otherwise notoriously laid back.
- What The Hell, Casting Agency?: Gary Oldman as Rolfe, a dwarf, made even odder by the large number of actual dwarfs on hand and made downright offensive by the casting of Peter Dinklage, perhaps the most well known and respected dwarf actor, in a supporting role that ultimately has nothing to with the main plot and exists only to show that dwarfs have sexual relationships with normal sized people.