YMMV: The Warrior's Way
- Complete Monster: The nameless Colonel is a vicious warlord who preys on isolated towns. A serial rapist who fancies women with healthy teeth, the heroine's flashback shows the Colonel selecting her, killing her father when he tries to interfere and then shooting the heroine when she throws hot grease in his face. For good measure he guns down her mother and young brother. In present, the now hideously disfigured Colonel continues his activities. He tortures a clown by having objects put on his head and having his men shoot at them, drags the town drunk through town on a horse with a rope around his neck, and selects a woman for his pleasure. When the woman's husband protests, the Colonel guns them both down and selects their daughters. When the heroine finally manages to impale him after he attempts to rape and kill her, the Colonel's final words are that he'll see her in hell and he hopes she wears "something nasty."
- Hollywood Homely: Lynne, who always has dirt on her face.
- Paranoia Fuel: Enemy ninjas pop out of everywhere, such as a river, a field of snow, out of the floorboards, and dropping out of the sky.
- Strangled by the Red String: Yang and Lynne, especially when the former doesn't seem to visibly share any feelings due to being The Stoic showing Dull Surprise at almost anything.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: There was so much potential to have a story where Yang raises a child of an enemy clan, always on the run, in the Old West of all places, but instead they focused on Lynne's less-interesting revenge story with a romance on the side and a fight between Cowboys and Ninja tacked on at the end.
- WTH, Casting Agency?: