YMMV: The Sunne in Splendour
- Alas, Poor Villain: George and Elizabeth Woodville. Elizabeth thought her wealth and status as most powerful woman in court be restored after Bess became Queen of England. Instead, she was walled up in an abbey with her lands taken by Henry Tudor, who hated her even more than Richard did. She died alone with Grace, her late husband's bastard daughter, by her side.
- Historical Hero Upgrade: Richard
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Elizabeth Woodville formed alliance with Margaret Beaufort to make Bess Queen of England. Only ended up being walled up in an abbey and her lands confiscated.
- Jerkass Woobie: George.
- Moral Event Horizon: Clifford's murder of Edmund. He's a prisoner, unarmed, tied up, and wounded, and just 17 to boot.
- Nightmare Fuel: Warwick's death apparently was this in-story; it may be to the readers, as well.
- Second Love: Henry Tudor was this to Bess, who still thought kindly of Richard after she became Queen of England.
- The Woobie: Just about every child character in the book.