Tropers Online: 5,189
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: The Place Beyond The Pines
- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: There are hardly any Hope Spots in this film.
- Jerkass Woobie: Luke, whose erratic behavior is contrasted with his genuine desire to be a better man.
- Just Eat Gilligan: Everything could have been avoided had Romina been a little more upfront towards Jason concerning Luke.
- Moral Event Horizon: Any sympathy for Luke is lost when he strikes Romina's husband Kofi with a wrench, and later putting a gun in Robin's mouth and subjecting him to some fairly sadistic psychological torture.
- The Scrappy: AJ (and Emory Cohen's performance) is despised for his Jerk Ass behavior and arrogant attitude. Cohen's apparent Marlon Brando impression doesn't help.