Tropers Online: 2,631
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: The PJs
- Captain Ersatz: Juicy is basically a smaller, younger version of Fat Albert.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Haiti Lady claims that she took the go-cart "just to Hell and back". It cut to a scene of Haiti Lady driving through a fiery inferno while pleasant elevator music played.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Smokey the crackhead
- Harsher in Hindsight: Sanchez's electrolarynx is a lot less funny when a series of extremely depressing anti-smoking ads featuring an actual Hispanic man using one.
- Mexicans Love Speedy Gonzales: The show was a huge hit with black audiences, despite Moral Guardians and most TV critics claiming it was racist and demeaning. Make of that what you will.