YMMV: The New Adventures of Old Christine
- Harsher in Hindsight:
Richard: How could you possibly act any less inhibited, Christine? Kill me?
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In one episode, Jane Lynch plays a gym teacher, this was before she became well known for her role as gym teacher Sue Sylvester in Glee.
- Hollywood Homely: Old Christine's bordering-on-bombshell vavoomyness is totally ignored by everyone, even when she's in dresses that show off her hourglass shape and rocking eff me boots. Marley and Lindsay are always making fun of how she looks and New Christine supposed to be more attractive than she is.
- Ho Yay: Old Christine watches "lady porn" when she's upset. She and Barb have also kissed onscreen, gotten married, and have been confirmed to have had one sexual encounter.
- The Scrappy: Marley and Lindsay, intentionally.
- No Yay : Christine and Matthew have many moments that are just wrong for brother and sister.
- The Woobie: Despite the fact that Old Christine is a crazy drunk, she really does just want to everyone to have a good time, such as when she tried to take everyone on a vacation or teach her son's class how to ride the subway. The only problem is that everyone in the world apparently hates her.
- Jerkass Woobie: Many times she is shown to be selfish, petty, and mean, whether she means it or not, but yet since her life suck most of the time, you can't help but feel sorry for her.