YMMV: The Last Seduction
- Award Snub: It was so expected that Linda Fiorentino would get an Oscar nomination for her performance, that the producers down-and-out sued the Academy for disqualifying the film due to its debut on cable prior to its theatrical release.
- Evil Is Sexy
- Idiot Ball: Both private eyes in the movie grab the ball and sprint for the goal line. Harlan is supposed to be an experienced New York PI, but he lets Bridget bait him into literally being caught with his pants down. Bert, the local PI who Clay hires to replace Harlan, knows the fate of his predecessor, but he still accepts a plate of cookies from Bridget. Given Bridget's personality, he's lucky the cookies were just a distraction, and not laced with arsenic.
- Magnificent Bitch: Bridget.
- Misaimed Fandom: Ironically, it's actually been touted as a feminist film. Note all the film theorists and reviewers who seem to like that Bridget gets away with everything! Sure, she destroys a man's life just because he was reluctant to commit murder (not to mention, she kills a detective who's just doing his job)—but hey, at least she stuck it to The Man.
- Nightmare Fuel: Mike's backstory. Geez, talk about Paranoia Fuel! He hit it off with Trish, and thought he was all set for a happy life with a beautiful wife...only to find out on their wedding night that "she" WAS A HE! One can only wonder how many guys watching this movie walked out of the theater wondering if they should "check" the women in their lives...let alone their fiancées....