YMMV: The Incredible Machine
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The soundtrack overall is amazing.
- Fridge Logic: Many devices are excused from this, but lighting a fuse with a flashlight still seems odd.
- Polished Port: The 3DO port of the original game. Not only are the graphics of higher quality, but the game includes speech and a remastered soundtrack that was so well received, some of the tracks were added into the sequels on the PC. The only gripe would be the awkwardness of using a controller and not a mouse.
- Tear Jerker: The "New Age" track from TIM 2, TIM 3, Return Of, and Even More Contraptions. Can also be a Heartwarming Moment.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: "Ragtime" in the third installment is a modified tune of Scott Joplin's "Maple Leaf Rag".
- "Hay Seed" from Contraptions has notable similarity to "Against the Grain" by Garth Brooks.
- That One Level: ANYTHING that is a billiards puzzle. Especially the Tutorial level "Billiards" where even though you did what Professor Tim instructed, the game does not recognize that you've solved the puzzle.