YMMV: The Grey
- Crowning Music of Awesome: "The City Surf" by Jamin Winans, played while Ottman readies himself for his Last Stand. A pretty powerful, tear jerking Lonely Piano Piece in context.
- Harsher in Hindsight: While it is a bit predictable, finding out that Ottway's wife has been Dead All Along is still deeply saddening, especially after really connecting to Ottway by that point. Then, you realize what Liam Neeson has been through in real life.
- Hell Is That Noise: Hendrick's underwater screams as he drowns.
- The wolf calls in general but especially the Alpha's.
- Holy Shit Quotient: Just how much worse will things get for Ottway and his companions? The ante gets upped every. Single. Time.
- Visual Effects of Awesome / Scenery Porn: They filmed in a real wilderness in Canada and it looks beautiful. The wolves are also not CGI, but (mostlynote ) animatronics and puppetry, and they still look really good...and TERRIFYING.
- Hell, the film features Sound Effects Of Awesome as well. In the theaters you will feel the power and intensity of the plane crash and your bodies will quake from the sounds of the wolves. . .
- X Meets Y: The latter half of the original Jaws but with wolves.