YMMV: The Cyantian Chronicles
These are subjective tropes in the work of The Cyantian Chronicles.
- Archive Binge gets paired with it's sister trope, Archive Panic. Akaelae alone is up to 1100+ individual updates. Thankfully, there's a monthly archive which condences everything into proper pages instead of the individual updates.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Typically, there's at least one per chapter. One of the most recent involves a direct physical reminder that incoming fire has the right of way.
Celina: "Can't let him bite his tongue!"
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: They are here and there, from time to time. Celina has had the most so far. Sheana has also gotten one that also counts as a crowning moment of funny.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: In Campus Safari, Chatin has three suitors: Collin, Cisco and Twinky. There have been both forum and tagboard debates over which guy will get her in the end. As of July 2009, she hasn't made a choice but seems to be leaning toward Twinky.
- There's no debate on Cilke and Chrome hooking up though, everybody likes that pairing.
- Mary Sue: Averted. Word of God has stated that if anybody is Tiffany's Mary Sue, it's Quinn. It's the fans during the conversation who stated that Quinn has issues that keep her out of utter Mary Sue-ness.
- Tiffany has also stated that she tends to add flaws to deliberately prevent anybody from becoming a Mary Sue.
- Moe Moe: Tira, Ravon and possibly Darrik best qualify in Akaelae.
- Tae, Kea and Kibi qualify best for Campus Safari. Khaelis tries, but Darius is immune, thanks to having Tae and Kea as little sisters.
- Moral Event Horizon: Rama is the worst offender. Starting the "Ridge War", a war whose repercussions are still felt 400+ years later, is one of the lesser of his crimes. Akaelae contains more on how Rama has crossed into amoral bastard territory. Darius (The comic) contains even more. In the first two updates. Rama's an utter dratsad.
- Rezna also crosses this line during No Angel. Attempting to exterminate all humans on Mars Academy is only the start of what he's done.
- Nightmare Fuel: Rama's utter amorality in carrying out his plans.
- Sequelitis: Inverted. Campus Safari has Akaelae, Gralen Cragg Hall and Genoworks Saga as prequels. Not to mention Puppet Strings and the Akaelae 0 Prequel is a prequel to Akaelae.
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: Despite the author not wanting the strip in question to sound political, it seems that not having a standing military tied Alpha and Syrus' hands and almost made Celina lost forever on an alien colony ship. The fact that the aliens more or less gloated over the fact that they have taken multiple kids didn't help the mood either. Alpha then complained how complacent the population has become. No doubt this will play a role in the Centralis Teraplex war.
- Stop Helping Me!:
- According to the author: "Nobody needs Quinn's help!"
- And yet Quinn wants to help almost everyone!
- Tastes Like Diabetes: This commission of the normally stoic Celina. It has been called "sickeningly cute" by Tiffany herself.
- Woobie: Khaelis. Also Tae and Kea. Darrik, for a (a lot of) time, during Akaelae. Even Celina, during one arc.
- Don't forget about Vincent during the beginning of Akaelae.