YMMV: The Commitments
- Creator Worship: Jimmy's dad has two portraits on his wall; one of The Pope and one of Elvis hanging above it. Upon hearing two of Jimmy's auditionees singing a song called "Elvis Was a Cajun", he complains:
That's fuckin' blasphemy! Elvis wasn't a Cajun!
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Most of the soundtrack, but In the Midnight Hour stands out.
- Try a Little Tenderness.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Jimmy encouraging the band to "Say it once, say it loud, I'm black and I'm proud."
- Even better, Dean later announces his "blackness" to a stunned group of kids.
- Face of the Band: Deco, and he knows it. However, yelling "I hope yis like me group!" didn't go too well for him.
- Grandpa, What Massive Hotness You Have: All three of the girls seem to think so, anyway.
- In the movie, anyway; in the novel, it's revealed it was all part of a joke the three were playing.
- Retroactive Recognition: A young Glen Hansard plays Outspan.
- Catharine of Aragon sings a smokin' cover of Bye Bye Baby.