- Creator Worship: Jimmy's dad has two portraits on his wall; one of The Pope and one of Elvis hanging above it. Upon hearing two of Jimmy's auditionees singing a song called "Elvis Was a Cajun", he complains:
That's fuckin' blasphemy! Elvis wasn't a Cajun!
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Most of the soundtrack, but In the Midnight Hour stands out.
- Try a Little Tenderness.
- At the Dark End of the Street.
- And of course, Mustang Sally.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Jimmy encouraging the band to "Say it once, say it loud, I'm black and I'm proud."
Mr. Rabbitte: Who was that man?Jimmy: God sent him.Mr. Rabbitte: Who?Jimmy: God.Mr. Rabbitte: On a fucking Suzuki?
- Even better, Dean later announces his "blackness" to a stunned group of kids.
- After Joey meets with Jimmy and agrees to join the band, he hops on his motorcycle and leaves just as Jimmy's father steps out of the house.
- While they're auditioning band members, one person admits he doesn't play an instrument and has no musical experience. When asked why he's there, he replies that he saw the line of people and assumed they were buying drugs.
- Face of the Band: Deco, and he knows it. However, yelling "I hope yis like me group!" didn't go too well for him.
- Grandpa, What Massive Hotness You Have: All three of the girls seem to think so, anyway.
- In the movie, anyway; in the novel, it's revealed it was all part of a joke the three were playing.
- Retroactive Recognition: