- Ensemble Darkhorse: Because the strip ended a year before Toons These Days ended, the latter has been more popular than the comic, to the point where there are fans who aren't aware that there's even a comic strip. Also, Doggy has been much more popular than Conroy because of that show, whereas he was the deuteragonist in the strip.
- More Popular Spin-off: Toons These Days, as noted above.
- No Pronunciation Guide: Spoofed in-universe in Toons These Days where Doggy pronounces the title of an anime "Na-ROO-toe", and a footnote can be seen for a split second that reads "How's my trolling? Call 555-I-DONT-GIVE-A-CRAP-ABOUT-HOW-ITS-PRONOUNCED-YA-BUTTHURT-BABY!".
- Sophomore Slump: A minor but very vocal group is pointing out how Toons These Days Season 2 so far has lost anything that made the show enjoyable: Doggy's actor was replaced thrice, he barely raises his voice, the writing isn't funny anymore, and the mouth flaps now adapt this kind of anime-style animation of simply repeating it on 3's over and over again.
- Tough Act to Follow: Brian Fisher's performance, arguably.
YMMV / The Cartoon Chronicles of Conroy Cat
Return to the main page here