Tropers Online: 4,835
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: The Cars
- Ear Worm: More than a dozen of them.
- Epic Riff: Many, on either guitar or keyboards.
- Face of the Band: Ric, mostly because of the videos.
- Fan Disservice: "You Are the Girl" - scantily-clad alien babes with various facial and body deformities.
- First Installment Wins: The Cars is routinely considered the band's best album.
- Ho Yay: "Ta Ta Wayo Wayo (1977 Demo)," which swaps the line "the girls are so pretty" for "the boys are so pretty" in the final verse.
- Tear Jerker: For Live Aid, a TV crew from CBC showed a video of a hungry child in Africa trying to stand up, and they set it to "Drive". You may never listen to the song the same way again.