- Black Sheep Hit: "Drive" was their highest-charting single by far (#3 in 1984) but was one of only a handful of slow ballads the band recorded.
- Name's the Same: Lampshaded in this film series, where the second film features a cover version of "You Might Think".
- Romance on the Set: Ric Ocasek met his future wife, supermodel Paulina Porizkova, after she featured prominently in the music video for "Drive." The couple have been married over 25 years and have two sons, Jonathan and Oliver.
- Shrug of God: With regards to the interpretations of his rather oblique lyrics, Ric Ocasek has gone on record as saying he doesn't care what fans make of them.
I'm not going to destroy your dream...the lyrics mean whatever you want them to mean. And I'll agree with you.
- Similarly Named Works: Contrary to what newbie taggers on peer-to-peer sites may think, this band has nothing to do with the song "Cars" by Gary Numan. Nor, obviously, with Cars.note
- Kars' name did come from them, though.