YMMV: The Bugle
- Accidental Innuendo: John saying he would "only take it from Tom" in episode 115. He was actually referring to an apology for the difficulty in accessing the Bugle email account.
- Broken Base: When it comes to the Audio Cryptic Crossword, people either joined Andy in championing it or, like John, see it as akin to the Third Reich. Also, when Death Threats to the Bugle was a regular feature, a vow was made by certain listeners to hunt down any Buglers who manage to put their death threats into action.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: The Greatest Email Ever Sent, "Volcano Porn", the terrorist arse-bomber, and Andy's story about delivering his own son.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Tom the Producer was initially unheard from and unspoken of by John and Andy - by the time of his departure in Bugle 107, he was a much-loved (and much-wearied) member of the squad, who phoned in from Australia just to say goodbye.
- Ho Yay: The American talking about 300. John and Andy at times. Both are married but they've known each other a long time and finish each other's sandwiches....
- Never Live It Down: John's role in the disastrous The Love Guru is NEVER left unreminded by Andy, Tom the Producer, and even the listeners.
- John's role in The Smurfs is starting to take this role.