YMMV: The Bob Newhart Show
- Award Snub: Bob Newhart starred in two popular, long-lasting, critically acclaimed sitcoms, The Bob Newhart Show and Newhart. The ways in which the Emmys snubbed both shows, and Newhart himself, are simply staggering.
- The Bob Newhart Show is generally regarded by critics as the better show of the two, yet it only received four nominations (and no wins) in its entire six year run. Newhart himself was never even nominated.
- See Newhart for details on its Emmy snub.
- Drinking Game: "Hi Bob" is thought to be the first "drink when X happens in an episode of TV show Y" game.
- Ear Worm: "Oom pa pa, oom pa pa, oom pa pa, oom pa pa" from a song in an early episode, by a band called the Oom Pa Pas.
- Fair for Its Day: The episode "Some of My Best Friends Are..." has one of Bob's therapy patients, Mr. Plager, come out as gay, and it's actually fairly progressive for a '70s sitcom: Plager is both completely non-camp and entirely comfortable with his sexuality, and Bob makes a point of dressing the rest of the group down for their homophobic attitudes toward him.
- True Art Is Incomprehensible: Anything by Klaus Pratzmann.
- Unacceptable Targets: The creators decided to have Bob be a psychologist instead of a psychiatrist, because they felt that it would be cruel to mock sufferers with the kind of mental illness that requires medication or hospitalization.