Tropers Online: 3,633
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The gang performs "I Will Survive" for a group of Aborigines, with native instruments playing in the background, complete with didgeridoo.
- I Am Not Shazam: Before watching the film, lot of people mistakenly assume that Priscilla is the name of one of the characters rather than the bus.
- One-Scene Wonder: There are a couple:
- The Aborigine man performing with the gang during "I Will Survive" is onscreen for maybe a minute, but steals the show with his fabulous disco drag.
- Cynthia, the Filipino stripper/prostitute.
- Tearjerker: The scene where "AIDS, fuckers, go home!" is graffited onto the bus. As Tick puts it, "No matter how tough I think I'm getting, it still hurts."
- Tick re-closeting himself as he returns home, looking horribly awkward dressed as a man.