YMMV: St. Elsewhere
- Epileptic Trees: The final scene created an interesting conundrum — since St. Elsewhere had cameos and crossovers with a good dozen other shows, are all those shows products of an autistic boy's imagination, too? And all the shows they crossed over with? And all the… well, you get the point.
- There is a running joke amongst some creative folks that all of television is All Just a Dream…and that the final five moments of St. Elsewhere are the only "real" moments in television.
- It Was His Sled: It was all a dream.
- Harsher in Hindsight: While the rapist is terrorizing the hospital, Dr. Fiscus offers to escort some of the female nurses to their cars, and is turned down because the women don't know if he's the rapist or not. He tells Dr. Morrison offhand that he feels bad because they don't know what the women are going through. Until a couple seasons later, when Morrison is himself raped.
- Saved by the Fans: Lloyd was only supposed to do four episodes before his character died, but ended up proving to be so popular that he lasted six seasons.
- Seinfeld Is Unfunny: The All Just a Dream ending was originally considered quite clever for its day, and was parodied and homaged a lot throughout the years. Nowadays it would be considered a cop-out.
- The Woobie: Dr. Eliot Axelrod.