Sleeper (Woody Allen film)
- Adaptation Displacement: Very loosely based on H.G. Wells' The Sleeper Awakes.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: In the credits, the film's costume designer is none other than the man who went on to direct Batman & Robin—Joel Schumacher. There are, thankfully, no nipples on any of the costumes in this movie.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Miles claims that when Richard Nixon left the White House, the staff would double-check the silverware. This was pre-Watergate, mind you.
- Miles muses that in 1973 he bought Polaroid stock at $7 a share. "It's probably up millions by now!". Polaroid went bankrupt in 2011 thanks largely to Technology Marches On.
- Modern research suggests that steak actually is healthier than wheat germ.
Sleeper (Wildstorm comic)
- Complete Monster: Tao was created as the Tactical Augmented Organism, growing at an amazing rate into a man. The problem was, Tao grew with a sense of cold superiority an disdain for all others. He masterminded several wars between superheroes, resulting in many casualties, in an early attempt to end the world. Using his powerful hypnotic suggestion abilities, he forced the strongest heroes into being his sex slaves to prevent them from stopping him. After these plans fail, Tao reinvents himself as the ruler of a crime syndicate where he distinguishes himself with cold professionalism combined with violent sadism. As the hero of Sleeper describes it, Tao won't pull out your guts. He'll make you do it to yourself, and enjoy it all the while.