Tropers Online: 4,879
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
Sleeper (Woody Allen film)
- Adaptation Displacement: Very loosely based on H.G. Wells' The Sleeper Awakes.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: In the credits, the film's costume designer is none other than the man who went on to direct Batman & Robin—Joel Schumacher. There are, thankfully, no nipples on any of the costumes in this movie.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Miles claims that when Richard Nixon left the White House, the staff would double-check the silverware. This was pre-Watergate, mind you.
- Miles muses that in 1973 he bought Polaroid stock at $7 a share. "It's probably up millions by now!". Polaroid went bankrupt in 2011 thanks largely to Technology Marches On.
- Modern research suggests that steak actually is healthier than wheat germ.