- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The show is built of this.
- First Installment Wins: The Dove From Above is one of the most recognised and brought-up parts of the show among casual fans, even though it rarely featured after Series 2. In the end, Vic and Bob appear to have bowed to this perception by bringing back the Dove for the new 2009 series.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Vic and Bob are often compared to Morecambe and Wise in terms of their double act, and have done homages to them; in 2011 Vic played Eric Morecambe's father in a drama about the two.
- Replacement Scrappy: The aforementioned replacements for The Dove From Above were usually considered this, with the possible exception of Donald Cox The Sweaty Fox.
- Angelos was considered this by some when he took over from George as scorer.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not for Kids?: This show was pretty popular with the younger generation, in spite of some fairly risqué humour (mostly at Ulrika's expense).
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: A shining example - the humor and format is truly bizarre. Often crops up in those "10 Weirdest T.V Shows from Around the World" programs in the U.S.A.
- Wabbit Series
- The Woobie: Johnny Vegas. Vic for his persistent failures at joke-telling.