- Awesome Music: There's a reason they're one of metal's biggest acts in the world right now. With earth-shattering albums like Beneath the Remains, Chaos A.D., Against, Dante XXI, Schizophrenia, and Roots, they simply have done it all. And who can forget the fan-favorite album Arise?
- Broken Base: Cavalera era vs. Green era. The former usually wins.
- Ear Worm: ROOTS! BLOODY ROOOOOTS!
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: They are not very popular in Brazil. They discovered about their foreign popularity when their tour in Europe attracted more crowds than the headliner (Venom).
- Misattributed Song: There's a parody mostly labeled as "Sepultura ft. Luciano Pavarotti".
- They Replaced Max So Now They Suck
- Derrick Green might as well be one of the biggest Base Breakers in metal history.
- Yoko Oh No: Andreas Kissers' wife after an 2010 interview with Max.
- Some fans saw Max's wife as this during the breakup phase.