- Anvilicious: The first two versions of Scum are very much this, though not entirely without justification. To non Britons, it should be noted that the Borstal system was abolished in 1982. However, Archer seems to have essentially been designed to provide Author Tract and Author Filibuster. Dog Pound isn't quite as Anvilicious.... at least until the very end, when the riot police show up.
- It's the Same, Now It Sucks: A good chunk of the criticisms level toward Dog Pound were this (well, at least on IMDB; the actual critical consensus toward it was generally positive). Naturally, the rest of the criticism was They Changed It, Now It Sucks.
- Jerkass Woobie: In Dog Pound, Goodyear definitely seems to be this by the end.
- Squick: In Dog Pound, The whole scene where Davis describes his encounter with his mother will make most cringe (if they aren't busy laughing, that is). The fact that this is Spinner, no doubt takes this up to 11 for many viewers.
- The Woobie: Davis. DEAR GOD DAVIS! Each version seems to delight in finding new ways to woobify him.