- Awesome Music: As maligned as some of his fans, one can't deny that the man has excellent taste in classic video game music.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: All of his videos can be summed up with this trope, but one notable example is in Dude Time. After RED Soldier sprays himself with Dude Time, he is approached by Scout's mom, who has Blank White Eyes. RED Soldier then has a seizure and four BLU Soldiers pop out of him, form a line, and explode. That in itself fills the "appears out of nowhere" and "strange in context" criteria, but then it takes "never mentioned again" to the extreme because, once the BLU Soldiers explode, the earlier clip of RED Soldier spraying himself with Dude Time is played again and, this time, he walks away with no reference to the earlier scene with Scout's mom and the BLU Soldiers, as if implying that what just happened never happened.
- Colbert Bump: Just about any music he uses in his videos and references in his comments end up being raided by comments referencing the videos the music that have been used in on YouTube. It is inevitable, and RubberFruit himself absolutely hates it.
- Everyone Is Jesus in Purgatory: It is common practice among some of Rubberfruit's fans to try to theorize hidden meanings in his videos, most likely intentionally invoking and even parodying this trope. For example, Wear a Helmet is a warning against the false promises of strangers, and Spy Gets His Driver's License is about the death of innocence as one grows up.
- Fan Dumb: Unfortunately, there is a part of his fanbase that will spam any YouTube video containing a videogame song featured in his videos. RubberFruit knows this and has explicitly told his fans to stop doing this, but some still do so. "Puzzle in the Caves" and "Demon Resident Mine Cart" get this far worse than any other song due to Painis Cupcake.
- Memetic Mutation: He created the infamous "man-eater" known as Painis Cupcake after all.
- Nightmare Fuel: Try watching Scout shows his manface or something late at night, in a dark room. Sweet dreams!
- Special Effects Failure: Deliberately done. Raiden and Sam's "final fight" is represented by them... swinging their swords in weird and unwieldly ways via SFM. Raiden swings his blade up and down and Sam just moves his this way and that. Oh and Sam's face.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: Among his fans, it's a commonly held belief that he's on drugs when he makes his videos. As far as we know, he isn't.