YMMV: Resident Evil: Afterlife
- Ear Worm: The opening theme has been known to induce random audience head-bobbing.
- He's Just Hiding: Before the release of Resident Evil: Retribution fans speculated that Wesker survived the helicopter mini-nuke at the ending of the movie. This is supported by some eagle-eyed viewers noticing a parachute opening in the distance when one of the characters revealed himself to have survived. Wesker's survival was later confirmed by a press release for Resident Evil: Retribution.
- Narm: Wesker must INGEST fresh DNA.
- Take That, Scrappy!: Alice gets brought down to normal, ends up on the receiving end of a Curb-Stomp Battle and has all her clones wiped out. For many, it was considered to be the best thing that the directors did to try and redeem the films. But since Alice still is the only one to do anything in this film it's kind of a moot point.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: The previous film has it to where Alice stumbles upon an entire storage unit of her clones and pretty much makes an army. The build up to this movie was pretty much based around the fact there was a freaken army of super powered women taking on Umbrella. The first five minutes into Afterlife as they takes down the Umbrella Base in Tokyo, all of them are killed after the base self destructs. A lot of fans looking forward to this were obviously ticked off at this.