- Anvilicious: Pratchett himself would admit that painting modern shopping malls as an absolute evil was being a tad too closed-minded.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: The Death of Rats, both to fans and to Pratchett himself (he says he has no idea where the character came from, but he liked him too much for him to be lost with the other Deaths at the end of the book).
- Epileptic Trees: Windle Poons' desire to be reincarnated as a woman resulted in a theory that Tiffany Aching is his reincarnation.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Windle Poons accepting his death, as he had accomplished everything he wanted with his life. That's very much not the way Terry Pratchett went out.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Bill Door's choice of possible last words before his showdown with the new Death? "I don't want to go."
- Macekre: Inverted. According to Word of God, someone once claimed to him that the book was somehow actually better in the German translation. Any German speakers who have read both versions, elaboration would be welcome!
YMMV / Reaper Man
Back to Reaper Man