YMMV: Reality Bites
- Designated Hero: The main characters are essentially whiny brats who complain about having privileged lives and have no qualms about hurting the people that care about them just because they're "above it all".
- Troy especially, who can be condescending, seems to love how clever he seems and is almost proto-hipster like in his dislike for The Man, yet the film seems to want the audience to root for him to get together with Lelaina, not Micheal, a perfectly nice and even Adorkable guy because...He is a yuppie? He has a good job?
- Designated Villain: Although he's supposed to be the film's "bad guy", many viewers consider Michael to be the most sympathetic character in the movie.
- First World Problems: Played aggravatingly straight with the protagonist.
- Unintentional Period Piece: In every. Possible. Way.
- Values Dissonance: As explained by The Nostalgia Chick, the main characters complaining about their middle-class suburbanite lives comes off as pretty insulting, to anyone living through the Great Recession of 2008.