YMMV: Ratman's Notebooks
- Adaptation Displacement: The original book was overshadowed by 1971 version of Willard, which was in turn overshadowed by its 2003 remake
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Crispin Glover singing Ben during the end credits to the 2003 movie. Oh, and for good measure, he is accompanied by an accordion.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Meredith Baxter and Crispin Glover being cast in the movies (she was Eve in Ben; he was Willard in the 2003 version) applies, considering that both have not only worked with Michael J. Fox, but did so in Fox's most iconic and well-known projects: Family Ties and Back to the Future.
- Also, Michael Jackson recording "Ben"... when he had pet rats of his own.
- Jerkass Woobie: Miss Leech from the 2003 movie.
- Moral Event Horizon: Ratman approaches the final line several times before he finally crosses it with murder.
- The Woobie: Ratman but more so in the movies than in the book. Crispin Glover's take in particular. His fall into madness is really something to see, and his woobieness is just something that he alone could pull off.