YMMV: Private Actress
- Alternate Character Interpretation: It's not hard to see Kana/Satoka as a junior version of a Psycho Lesbian or Depraved Bisexual, specially considering the tropes below...
- Les Yay: Kana/Satoka and Shiho have quite the Foe Yay, complete with a kiss in the Boarding School two-parter.
- Nightmare Fuel: The case where Shiho is almost murdered several times while acting as a man's bride — and then the resolution of the case is super creepy too
- Iron Woobie: Shiho has had a really hard life, and some of the works she takes are very emotionally taxing on her. Nevertheless, she keeps going on.
- Narm: In her first apparition Kana=/=Satoka 's villainy made her incredibly creepy... but from their return onwards, it can be seen as this easily. The idea of a teenage girl even younger than Shiho being so omniscient, dominant and powerful and having SUCH a hold over older people that she easily drives a woman who's almost 10 years older to an overblown and melodramatic suicide, almost manages make everyone believe that she slept with a man old enough to be her father so she can get all kinds of publicity, AND gets another girl doused with acid to get her out of acting competition among several other things... it stretches the Willing Suspension of Disbelief quiiiiite a bit. Specially since this series is supposed to be Slice of Life and thus almost completely devoid of magic or supernatural elements to use as plot devices, which makes Kana/Satoka even more ridiculous and not to mention petty as fuck. What kind of adults are these?!
- Not Funny Anymore: Matsumae as the Butt Monkey in his first chapter? Hilarious. Matsumae being subjected to Eye Scream almost at the end of the series? Not halfway as amusing.
- Villain Sue: Kana arguably becomes this when she reinvents herself as Satoka.