YMMV: Princess Pi
- Dude, Not Funny!: "Princess Pi vs. Opposite Guy" originally included a scene in which Opposite Guy beat a woman as a sign of affection towards someone he thought was his wife. After readers gave negative responses, Peter Paltridge quickly replaced it with a scene in which Opposite Guy threatened to tear apart the town after getting robbed, but then failed to fulfill this threat.
- Fridge Horror: At the end of "Dan vs. Chuck vs. The Tick vs. Princess Pi", Pi drinks a Shamrock Shake prepared with Bottle Blonde's magic, and turns into a weird blue monster. Chuck was drinking a Shamrock Shake at the very beginning, which could mean that he suffered this not long after Pi ditched the fight.
- Genius Bonus: Princess Pi gets over a hangover in "Princess Pi vs. Cerebus Syndrome" by drilling herself in the head. Doctors in ancient Egyptian times would really do this to patients.
- Growing the Beard: For a few months, Peter seemed conflicted between his desire to give Princess Pi genuinely threatening villains, and his desire to make her adventures as random as possible. This resulted in comics that went too straightforward to allow randomness (such as "Princess Pi vs. Opposite Guy"), and some where the randomness overpowered the conflict ("Princess Pi vs. Prince William"). Peter claimed to have eventually found a "groove" with "Princess Pi vs. The Alpha Bitch". Indeed, the story does an entertaining job of creating random threats without losing sight of the main conflict.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: "The Princess Pi Holiday Special" has Princess Pi denied a chance to face the Frizzies in a fight to the death. This probably reflects the fact The Star Wars Holiday Special doesn't have any epic fight scenes.
- Tear Jerker: See TearJerker.Platypus Comix.
- What an Idiot: All those teenage girls who freed Zahari in "Sam Adams vs. True Love" because they thought he looked too cute to actually be a terrorist.