Tear Jerker: Platypus Comix
- Amara endures a number of depressing incidents in "Freewheeling", especially when she discovers that the time she became a popular trendsetter was All Just a Dream. Peter boasts in the Keiki archive that people called this the best comic he made up to that point, but doesn't explicitly say why.
- Darcy's rant about the media's romanticization of vampires in "Twilight Princess" includes a lament about the fact she can never have a romantic relationship with the mortal Beefer.
- Arguably, the part of "Princess Pi vs. The Totally Nazis" when the Totally Nazis' ceaseless insults appear to push Pi over the Despair Event Horizon.
- "Princess Pi vs. Cerebus Syndrome" plays most of Pi's overly grim stories for laughs, but the story of the death of her mother feels genuinely sad.
- Peter Paltridge's unending suffering in "Kellogg Middle School: The Happiest Place on Earth".
- The "Concept Unification" video in "The Chuck E. Cheese Story", detailing the transformation of a Showtime Pizza restaurant into a Chuck E. Cheese facility, includes a warning not to watch it because "it's too depressing".