YMMV: Pretty Woman
- Comically Small Demand: Even in 1990 dollars, $3000 seems like a ridiculously small sum for a solid week of prostitution—especially considering Vivian's going rate is normally $100 an hour (168 hours in a week x $100 = $16,800). Moreso considering how filthy rich Edward is and could've asked for more.
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: Becoming/hiring a hooker is a great way to find true love! And becoming a hooker on the street (not even a high class call girl) will totally leave you as pretty and healthy as Julia Roberts in her prime!
- The film's original script was a more gritty and realistic tale of what being a street prostitute is like. See the Trivia tab for more info.
- Genius Bonus: The opera that Edward takes Vivian to is La Traviata, which is about a prostitute who falls in love with a rich man.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: George Costanza as a 1980s-style hard-hitting scumbag corporate raider? You jest, sir!