We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Nox Arcana goes Power Metal. That is all.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: In several of the CD booklets, the band lists who they would like to thank. Other musicians, collaborators, people who helped with the CD...what's this? Specifically naming fans? It's a rare demonstration showing that Nox seems to care about their fans a little more than other groups. Awww...
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Does not need to be explained.
- Epic Riff: In the rock version of Spellbound.
- Evil Is Sexy: Many of the female monsters depicted in Vargo's artwork are made to be seductive.
- Fandom Rivalry: Fans of only Nox Arcana or only Midnight Syndicate (not both) tend to not get along too well, to say the least. While a lot of people like both the bands and want to keep things peaceful, there are a lot of NA fans who will state "Syndicate is shit since Joseph left!" and Syndicate fans who will say "NA is just a Syndicate rip-off!" It ''really' doesn't help matters that Joseph has stated his...distaste for the members of Syndicate, and Douglas and Gozska essentially refuse to admit that Joseph ever existed as part of the band.
- Fan Nickname: "Monolithia" has become the fan nickname of everything relating to Nox Arcana or Monolith Graphics.
- Narm: None of the instrumentals, but many agree that some of the tracks containing Joseph's narration can be incredibly Narmy. Hall Of Mirrors also steps into this territory.
- Nightmare Fuel: If you're easily creeped out by Halloween soundtracks, Nox Arcana can easily be terrifying. This troper knows someone who played it for a friend at around midnight, and watched as said friend ran into another room with hands on ears, saying she wouldn't come out until the music turned off, it was scaring her.
- And it may sound silly after listening to them for a while, but for people hearing the songs for the first time, it isn't that hard to get a little freaked. Here's a little experiment if you've never heard the end of Carnival before: Making sure you're the only one home, go to sleep very late at night, all lights out, while playing the last few songs of the album. Make sure you're drifting off right at the last track. "What do you mean? Storm isn't scary!" Wait.
- Nocturne sounds like something's out to get you, and it's got a church bell to beat you to paste with.
- Blackthorn Asylum. Brr. Do not listen to Blackthorn Asylum and read the bonus material late at night before going to bed, especially if you're mentally unstable and almost needed to get institutionalized like this troper. This troper did that once and awoke in the middle of the night worried that the staff from Blackthorn would strap me onto a stretcher and wheel me down the hall into the basement with the other especially insane inmates who would gibber about things from the Cthulhu Mythos and then get strapped to another table, incapacitated, eyes sewn shut, and get a hole drilled in the middle of my forehead so the crazy doctors could syringe out the black insane essence from the pineal gland.
- Signature Song: Night Of The Wolf and Music Box/Lullaby.