- Captain Obvious: Tom. He reads out loud what's on the computer screen & tells Crow the phone's ringing.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: One of John's dates ending disappointingly...
Crow: He augers in.Servo: (radio) I need air support, give me air support, I'm going down...
- Oh, and the "poopie suits."
- This delivery:
Commander: (Holds up a toy model of a plane to several pilots) This is the Starfighter.Servo: (As the commander) Get in.
- Realizing about ⅔ of the way in that they've used up every possible sexual innuendo joke.
- THERE IS NO KNOWN AN-TI-DOTE FOR NEW EXTRY BOLD COWBOY MIKE'S OWN ORIGINAL RED HOT RIC-O-CHET (SPANG!) BBQ SAUCE!!
- Foreshadowing: M&tB's BBQ sauce bit can be a precursor to this movie about jets. The barbecue sauce is presumably tasty and Mike, Crow, & Tom hype it Up to 11. But after the Mads give in to the hype the sauce is un-bold & they're sorely disappointed. Likewise, "The Starfighters" at first glance sounds like a space flick & at second glance sounds like an interesting film about fighter jets. Unfortunately these F-104s, instead of fighting monsters or Commies, are just doing military exercises safely above the wilderness of the Far West, including lots of refueling, & a plot barely exists.
- Genius Bonus: "UART@Fx1050" means a hardware/software conflict. In this case, it's most likely a problem with the modem.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The United Servo Men's Academy singing "we are fans of Colin Firth," who at the time had yet to star in the BBC miniseries of Pride and Prejudice and thus go on to wider fame.
- This is then called back to in the series finale, where one of Tom's lines in the song about what awaits them on Earth is "Maybe we'll meet Colin Firth."