- Ensemble Darkhorse: There's more to the series than Kei but she's all most people talk about.
- Nausea Fuel: Among other grossness, kiviak. Yes, it's real.
- Squick: Watching Professor Itsuki eat things like Kiviak, a Greenlandic Inuit delicacy which is made by killing a seal, stuffing it with 70 odd seagulls, and burying the seal for a couple months. Then you take it out, pull out a seagull and suck out the liquefied innards through its ass. The very idea of eating this would count as Nightmare Fuel.
- On a more mundane level, when Sawaki first steps into Misato's and Kawahama's horribly dirty dorm room, all he can see is a wall of mold spores. Plus, when he shakes hands with someone, he could see he didn't wash after using the toilet...
- And then there's the part where Sawaki has to stick his hand up a cow's butt. This is, alas, Truth in Television.note
- X Meets Y: Mushishi meets Silver Spoon