Tropes from Morphic:
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Depending on your political ideology and ethical outlook, you can view all the characters in positive or negative light.
- Mia, Socially Awkward girl trying to fit into a society that's shunned her kind, or a sadistic psychopath who delights in seeing people suffer, and who's death in the main fic was better for everyone in general than her continued existence. Chapter 13 doesn't seem to help the former...
- Issac Daniels, It is actually debatable exactly how evil he is. He doesn't seem to delight in his brutal methods, or overtly derive gratification from them in any way. Considering he's the head of the church, it could simply be his duty to manage the more brutal, underhanded and unscrupulous operations; in this case, he might be simply unwaveringly dutiful instead of sickeningly sadistic.
- Heywood Laboratories, A scientific enterprise who thinks that their advances in bio-engineering can benefit all of mankind, or a corrupt corporation whose unethical experiments on Human and Pokemon alike are just for their own sick gain.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Mia, arguably. She certainly did well enough to get her own spinoff series.
- Epileptic Trees: The villains of Morphic are The Church of Holy Truth, who believe that they must stop the merging of Pokémon and humans. Pokémon Black and White's new villains are Team Plasma, a group with vaguely religious trappings that wants to completely separate Pokémon and Humans.COINCIDENCE?! Yeah, probably, especially considering that Chapter 13 was out before Team Plasma was even named.
- Ship Tease: Dave and Mia get one in the AU
- Tear Jerker: The ending. Full stop.
- Your Mileage May Vary, but at Mia's funeral, the preacher actually couldn't think of anything good to say about her. Dave even notes this seems unfair.
- The Woobie: Gabriel, and maybe Will to a lesser extent.