YMMV: Million Dollar Baby
- Ending Fatigue: Maggie's misfortunes are so heart-wrenching that you wish for the movie to end faster. It doesn't.
- Moral Event Horizon: Maggie's family crosses it when coming to visit her in the nursing home... after spending a week at Universal Studios and Disneyland, with the ulterior motive of wanting her to sign her money over to them. Maggie earns a Moment Of Awesome by rejecting them and forcing them to leave without a cent.
- Narm: Maggie's family are such over-the-top redneck stereotypes that it can be hard to take them seriously.
- Tear Jerker: One of the most depressing and heartwrenching Clint Eastwood stories.
- Unfortunate Implications: The film caught a lot of flak from advocacy groups for the disabled, who claimed that it condones euthanizing paralyzed people, and that its ultimate message is "life with a physical disability isn't worth living". A few reviewers claimed that it would have been a better movie if it had ended with Maggie learning to cope with her disability and getting an education.
- The Woobie: Maggie. Oh, dear God.
- Also goes for poor ol' Danger Barch; all he wanted to do was become a prize fighter...