- Complete Monster: Dodo, a Monster Clown who wants to eat everything, he revels in the destruction in which he kills entire populations of planets. Unlike the other Shadow Matter members, he's far too kill happy about his job and he's perfectly willing to attempt to kill them because he doesn't like them as shown with Higar, a former member of Shadow Matter that he killed in cold murder and ate his remains. When he first met Nemesis and Arachne as children, he would've killed them on the spot had Pandora not stopped them. A truly hedonistic creep that only lives for his own desires.
- Cult Classic: Due to being cut Cut Short, it has some interesting powers and designs typical of Anzai's work.
- Growing the Beard: The introduction of Big Bang Zero is where the series really became a quirky Shōnen series.
- Les Yay: Mokoto's Nova can invoke this.
- Nightmare Fuel: The Body Horror transformation Arachne inflicts on a poor Casanova Wannabe.
- Dodo is this by himself
- Valcan, a Serial Killer assassin associated with BBZ, he kills Virgo and Taurus along with some other helpless women, has cracked skin and produce spikes out of his body.
- Augeas, one of the 12 Penances
- The Princess of BBZ, a very Creepy Child
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: Nemesis, the fourth Shadow Matter member is developed the least and is then killed off rather pointlessly by the Big Bad.
- The other maidens other than six do not appear in the story.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: The story initially focuses on the fact that there are 12 constellation maidens, four for each protagonist, creating a interesting Ship-to-Ship Combat setup. The plot hand waves this in favor of straight fighting.
- Uncanny Valley: Zero pre-Villain Decay