The YMMV moments and issues in Man of La Mancha.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: A rich store from which to chose, but undoubtedly the topper is "The Impossible Dream". "I, Don Quixote" and "Aldonza" count, too (though in very different ways!)
- Fridge Brilliance: For those who dislike the differences from the book, think about this little realization: This isn't the story of Don Quixote, this is a story of Don Quixote, before it was finished written, and improvised by the participants.
- Ho Yay: Sancho sings an entire song explaining that he can't quite explain why he follows Don Quixote, other than "I really really like him."
- One-Scene Wonder: The priest. He's a silent extra for most of the play... until he steps forward to sing "To Each His Dulcinea", one of the most beautiful songs in the score.
- What The Hell, Casting Agency?: Even Pinky and the Brain made fun of Sophia Loren's performance.