- Genius Bonus: A plot point in the film involves an ornate ballerina statue. Tracy claims to have created said statue as a gift to her husband. While visiting his mother-in-law for the first time, Andy notices a duplicate statue. Further indication of Tracy's constant deceit. Mrs. Kennsinger explains that you can buy those statues in any store. If you already knew that the statue was a replica of "Little Dancer at Fourteen Years" by Edgar Degas, you wouldn't have been surprised by the twist...
- Memetic Mutation: Most people know this Film based solely on Jed's "God complex" monologue.
- One-Scene Wonder: Anne Bancroft as Tracy's mother.
- Retroactive Recognition: Gywneth Paltrow as one of Andy's students, and later, victim of the campus serial rapist.
- Tobin Bell as the aforementioned serial rapist.
- Paranoia Fuel: Anyone could have been through Malice at some time. Anyone. Even you.
The Video Game
- So Okay, It's Average: The general critical consensus for the game.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: Death is probably the most entertaining character in the game. Unfortunately, he is also a One-Scene Wonder.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Despite the interesting premise, what little plot there is to this game is bare-bones, disjointed and not very interesting.