For the movie Mask:
- Award Snub: For the film, Cher and Eric Stoltz.
For the animated series M.A.S.K.:
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Man that theme song is catchy.
- Fridge Logic: It's amazing any of the M.A.S.K. team had a day job, considering they would drop everything as soon as their signal watch went off.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The fact that this series based on a toyline by Kenner has many similarities with Transformers and G.I. Joe, was made by DiC Entertainment, and had an episode called "Dragonfire" becomes very funny in retrospect because of the following things that happened afterwards.
- DiC produced a continuation of G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero after Sunbow lost the rights to make the cartoon, and the DiC series began with a Five-Episode Pilot entitled "Operation: Dragonfire".
- Hasbro eventually bought Kenner and as a result, M.A.S.K. has become a Hasbro property like G.I. Joe and Transformers.
- There are now plans for the live-action G.I. Joe movies and the Transformers Film Series to share a cinematic universe with other Hasbro properties, and M.A.S.K. is one of the properties planned to be involved.
- Seasonal Rot: A lot of fans aren't very fond of the second season, where the show was retooled to be about M.A.S.K. and V.E.N.O.M. competing in races.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: The memorable theme song seems to owe inspiration to cues from the song "Faithfully" by Journey.
- Villain Decay: In early episodes, VENOM actually comes off as intimidating. By the end of the series they are complete clowns who are literally racing with the heroes.
For the M.A.S.K. comics:
- Critical Dissonance: The series is seen by most fans as intolerably bad, but it's won two Glyph Awards and been featured on ComicBookResources' Buy Pile. Go figure.
- Idiot Plot: Even ignoring the multiple continuity errors both between issues and from Revolution, the plot of the first arc seems to rely on the M.A.S.K. heroes not recognising V.E.N.O.M., despite them using exactly the same designs as they did in Revolution.
- Snark Bait: IDW's comic is often seen as the weak link of the Hasbro Comic Universe due to its dull plot, clunky dialogue and considerable continuity errors with the event it's supposed to tie into.