YMMV: Locke & Key
- Crazy Awesome: Scot Kavanaugh, in spite of his Non-Action Guy status.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Few and Far in between, although when they do come along they hit the right spot.
Tyler: Everyone in French Club went to Paris. Six Weeks.Kinsey: So what? You're taking Spanish.Tyler: See how I can't catch a break?
Tyler: His head is open! His head is open and completely empty!Tyler: <beat> Actually, that last part kind of makes sense.
- Tyler can even make Deadpan Snarker quips while he's freaking out. While freaking out over seeing Bode use the Head Key for the first time:
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: The ending of Crown Of Shadows chapter 2, "In The Cave", when the four new friends come together in a group hug. Awwww....
- Evil Is Sexy: Dodge, both genders.
- Genius Bonus: Back in 1988, Dodge wore his hair long and curly, which made him look an awful lot like an Amerighi da Caravaggio painting.◊ Dodge's real name? Lucas Caravaggio.
- Magnificent Bastard/Manipulative Bastard: Dodge.
- Nightmare Fuel: Dodge, whether he's in the guise of a normal person or a grotesque skull-reflection. Sam also counts. Lampshaded in this interview with Joe Hill, who stated that for him, the key to writing horror was "....to push the limits psychologically...to bring the heroes, and the reader, into an uneasy, uncomfortable place, and force them to live there a while." Seems to be working pretty well.
- Tear Jerker: several moments, but something about Rufus telling his mom "I just want the commander to know if she's ever tired of me, the team will move out at her command. Say the word," i.e. that he'll leave her if he's a burden to her, just seems to have that extra sense of tragedy.
- Never mind Rufus Seeing his mother's corpse after Dodge murders her. when the cop tries to hold him back, Rufus just whispers "let go of me" before kissing Ellie's forehead one last time.
- So much in Clockworks. Poor Ben and Miranda Locke's backstory is sad enough, but even worse is finding out what a stand-up guy Dodge used to be.
- Jordan selflessly giving up her life to save Jamal and Kinsey.
- Scot using the last of his strength to help the survivors in the black cave get to safety, before finally using the Alpha key to kill the parasite in Jackie's soul so they could die together as themselves.
Scot: You all right, my love?Jackie: Yes. Much better. You saved me. My hero.Scot: All in a days work.
- Pretty much all of Alpha #2. This troper sobbed through the whole thing.
- Tyler finally getting to take a ride on Jordan's motorcycle.
- The Woobie: Ellie Whedon, The Locke kids, Nina....