YMMV / Legacy
is a stock work title
. Works of this title with tropes pages include:
- Broken Base: Fans are irreconcilable whether Cade Skywalker is a good protagonist or not because of his jerkish tendencies.
- Complete Monster:
- Darth Krayt (who was born A'Sharad Hett), The Emperor of the One Sith, was a great Jedi Knight once, but that time is long past. Seizing control of the Imperial throne, Krayt establishes a military dictatorship that violently destroys any who might be a threat. When a single Mon Calimari shipman is captured on board a rebel cruiser, Krayt flips out and kills him after ordering a summary execution of ten percent of the Mon Calimari species while the rest will be forced into camps and exterminated later. Suffering a betrayal from his most trusted follower, Krayt later returns from the death, now of the belief the galaxy must experience death as he had before launching a violent, galaxy wide campaign, with the plan to manipulate his enemies to use a toxin against Coruscant, the most populated planet in the galaxy, that will kill everything on the world except the Sith.
- Vul Isen is a Mad Scientist whose job is genocide. When Darth Krayt decides the Mon Calamari species needs to die, Isen is appointed as the one to expedite the process. Isen's first plan is to create a sea monster known as a Leviathan that steals the souls of its victims and imprisons them in eternal anguish. When this is destroyed, Isen develops a toxin to kill all life on the planet. Despite the best efforts of the galaxy, Isen exterminates 80 percent of life on Mon Calamari with nothing more than satisfaction at his own brilliance. He then proceeds to attempt to exterminate all life on another planet that defies the Sith after having refugees hunted down.
- Zenoc Quah is a key ally of the One Sith and a fanatic even by the standards of the Yuuzhan Vong. A die-hard supporter of Supreme Overlord Shimrra (himself actually a puppet of Onimi), he went into hiding on the ravaged planet Wayland after his leader was killed by Luke Skywalker, declaring the rest of his people to be traitors for brokering peace with the galaxy. He brooded on Wayland for a century before the One Sith gave him an opportunity for revenge, informing him that the Yuuzhan Vong and the Jedi had embarked on a project to repair the words the war had destroyed. Zenoc proceeded to infect the Yuuzhan Vong's biotechnology with a virus, causing it to rampage out of control and kill millions; he also took care to make sure that neither Yuuzhan Vong nor Jedi would be harmed by the toxin, making it seem as though both groups had foreknowledge of the crisis and collapsing public support for them. Zenoc aids Darth Maladi of the One Sith in capturing Cade Skywalker and his girlfriend Deliah Blue, strapping the latter into a torture device which he has calibrated such that Cade's Force healing would cause Deliah greater pain. When a rescue party arrives to save the two, Zenoc attempts to feed the weakest member to his pack of abominations before finally being cut down.
- Ensemble Darkhorse:
- Shado Vao; Cade's best friend as a Padawan with a transforming double-bladed lightsaber, being a shining example of Jedi Incorruptable Pure Pureness, and sheer badassery and lack of patience for any of Cade's potential crap.
- Imperial Knight Ganner Krieg, who comes off as a Star Wars Legolas and serves as an unfailingly Nice Guy sidekick to Draco.
- Gar Stazi for the sheer Commanding Coolness he exudes, his Deadpan Snarker nature, and his status as the Big Good of the older style Alliance.
- Roan Fel for his Authority Equals Asskicking nature and the adoration he receives from his underlings.
- The Imperial Knights in general have proven very popular, with Hasbro making figures of Krieg and Draco, a rare honor for Star Wars characters who have never appeared in any movies or TV series. The author himself credits the knights as the most popular part of the comic. It's easy to see why they're so popular: as a force of Force-sensitives who happen to be loyal to the Empire, they make for a nice compromise for fans who enjoy Rooting for the Empire but also admire the Jedi for their heroics.
- Evil Is Cool: Pretty much all of the Sith, but especially the Dual Wielding, armoured Darth Krayt, and Darth Wyrrlok.
- Evil Is Sexy: Female Twi'lek Darth Talon seems to have been designed to invoke this.
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: If the Galactic Alliance and Jedi had thrown the (innocent) Yuuzhan Vong under the bus, its order of battle would not have been fractured and it would have won the Sith-Imperial war.
- Magnificent Bastard:
- Darth Wyrrlok, who would have successfully betrayed Darth Krayt had it not been for Krayt somehow managing to become immortal.
- Nyna Calixte. Real name Morrigan Corde; she spirits Fel out of Coruscant before Krayt can find him, passes information along to the good guys through both identities, and fools most of the higher ranking Sith-Imperials before being ultimately found out.
- Darth Krayt. He's survived the Clone Wars, the Empire, the Galactic Civil War, the New Republic, and the Yuuzhan Vong invasion among other things to finally become the ruler of the entire Galaxy.
- Memetic Badass: K'Kruhk and his hat.
- Memetic Mutation: "Your Jedi Master's dead, son. Accept it." with a picture of Cliegg Lars. Also, "Luke is a chair."
- Moral Event Horizon:
- Darth Krayt's immediate destruction of 1/10th of the Mon Calamari and slow genocide of the rest via forced labor proved that despite his nice rhetoric, he's as nasty as any other Sith when pushed.
- Vul Isen crosses it when he wipes out 80% of the population of Dac. Not to mention his poisoning of Da Soocha for harboring Mon Cal refugees.
- Roan Fel may have very well crossed it. He decided to have Darth Maladi create the Alpha Red (actually Omega Red) bio-weapon so he can use it on Coruscant. In exchange, he has her released so she can try to kill Cade.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: Some had this reaction to Luke being dead. Never mind the fact that it's perfectly reasonable: the series is set well over a century after the OT and Luke died of old age.