YMMV: Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl
- Adaptation Displacement
- Angst? What Angst?: After Hazumu was rejected by the girl he confessed his love to, he gets killed, has his gender permanently switched, both of his parents start treating him differently, and the press begins hounding him about his transformation. He takes most of it in stride.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: In the third book, during the preparations for the field games, there is suddenly a page featuring a guy tied upside-down and hanging over a hungry alligator. In the other panels of that page, several other competitors (all male) are being constricted/eaten by snakes. There was no pretext for this, no one who isn't being eaten implies that this is in any way wierd, and is never mentioned again.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: A majority of the fanbase prefer to ship Tomari and Hazumu.
- Les Yay: Between Ayuki and Tomari, differently in the manga and anime.
- What an Idiot: In the first episode, when Hazumu sees a "shooting star", (which is ctually a malfunctioning alien spaceship on a collision course for Earth), heading right for him, what does he do? He just stands there like an idiot and screams and gets hit by the crashing spaceship, killing him! If he had run for his life, he wouldn't have been resurrected as a girl.
- But then again, there'd be no series.